Be in Charge with your own Setup
PlagScan provides you with the tools to customize your organization settings – from the simplest to the most complex ones.
Step 1: Import professors and students of the department
Choose between the following options to import users:
- Enter names manually, if you want to set up just a few users.
- Import a data sheet.
- Set up the login through your general organization identification via Shibboleth.
- This is the easiest way because all administrative work happens at once within the central student administration and PlagScan can make use of it – no additional work for the administrator of the PlagScan organization account.
Shibboleth is an open-source single sign-on system. It allows people to sign into different systems (library, HR, LMS, plagiarism checking, etc.) using a single authentication.
This online service supports the privacy of personal data.
PlagScan is a member of the DFN-AAI and EduGAIN federations as a service provider. Read more here for more information
Step 2: Create the organization's structure within PlagScan
With PlagScan's slim user administration, you can create sub-departments for different disciplines and fields of study. You can also apply different usage rights for groups such as staff or students.
Step 3: Review the data policy default and customize where necessary
You can make sure your users' documents are safe from misconduct or abuse. For that, you can set up the following four main configurations:
Be an advocate for data security. Allow your students to mark their document private or to delete them. Additionally, you can request each student to accept the terms and conditions to use the service. Make sure to also point out that the account may only be used by members of the paying organization. Read more here.
Communication is key. Take some time to customize notifications for your students.
- Create an email text with the global policies that provide essential information to new users.
- Write a welcome text for the document manager interface. This text appears in a pop-up window when a user uses the document manager for the first time.
- Personalize the portal page for submissions with a tailored message.
- Below each submission, you can add information you consider as relevant for the students when they are submitting their document.
Use default settings for the undergraduate and graduates students to treat every student fairly.
It is paramount to respect copyright and properly protect all the submitted documents.
PlagScan’s headquarters are in Germany along with our core software development and server hosting.
We safeguard copyright and act in accordance with the German Federal Data Protection Act.
- Deleted files are removed completely.
- PlagScan uses encrypted document transmission for maximum security.
- We never share any documents with anyone - they belong to the literature department all along.
If you concede that data protection is important for your organization, you can learn more about our policies here.
You want to make PlagScan available for a faculty or the whole university through a Learning Management System (LMS)? Use our services via our API or as direct plugin to integrate PlagScan into your existing workflows.
If you wish to learn about those integrations, click on the link below.