What is a submission?
If you want third parties (e.g. your students) to submit their documents directly to your PlagScan account - so without sending around emails or carrying USB sticks - you should use our submission portal. Then you create submissions with your prefered parameters and others can now upload documents (e.g. assignments) to your account via a specific link.
Other people can directly submit the documents through the Individual Plagiarism Portal of your organization.
How can I set up my submission?
- Login to your user account.
- Click on the right upper corner on Documents.
- Click on Submissions on the left side menu.
- Click on Create new submission.
If you don’t find the option Submissions in Documents - Projects, contact your administrator. If you are the administrator, you need to create your Individual Plagiarism Portal first. The feature Submissions comes out of the box with the Portal. Read how to set up your own Plagiarism Portal here.
Fill the text fields in the new appearing popup window:
- Enter the title of your submission. It will be used as the headline on the upload page. (e. g. Homework Class 12)
- Create a label to combine documents. This option is useful if you create multiple submissions at a time. Labels can be used to filter your documents later.
- Deadline (optional):
- You can set a deadline (date, time). If you do, documents can’t be submitted after that deadline anymore. For setting a deadline click on No deadline.
- Note to uploader:
- Enter instructions or hints to the uploaders if needed.
- Share results:
- Indicate if the uploader should also see the report. He will get an email with his report after the deadline is due (if set) or after the analysis is finished.
Show advanced options:
- Automatically analyze at deadline:
- Starts the analysis of the documents as soon as the deadline has passed.
- Send summary email at deadline:
- This option notifies you about the deadline for your submission. It includes the paper title as well as the first and last name of each submission.
- Allow to update the submission:
- Enables the submitter to upload another file, which would replace the first one.
- Max. number of total uploads:
- Restrict the total number of uploads in your submission. By default, this is set to ‘Unlimited’. Click on Unlimited to set a maximum number.
- Share this submission with another user, subdivision, or your organization. You can decide if the person you share the submission with can only view or edit the reports.
What does the submitter have to do?
Please take a look at the following link for more information on how the submitter can upload their document.