Plagiarism detection in your own data processing center
We are the only provider currently offering you the installation of our PlagScan technology locally on a server in your data processing center (think private cloud). With this solution, documents never leave the university network and your computer's resources remain available for your own use and users can access the local PlagScan service using the intranet.
This solution includes the set up of the PlagScan server directly in your data processing center, super fast and protected by your organization's firewall.
- The internal PlagScan server can be accessed from your learning platform (and can be embedded via API and Plugin) or a browser interface, the so-called plagiarism portal.
- Access to the public areas of the plagiarism portal depends on the university's firewall settings.
- The restricted area of the plagiarism portal is accessible to all users authorized by the administrator, as may be the case with "session handles".
- Documents and personal data never leave the university's network, which means absolute legal compliance and data integrity.
- Costs involved
- Monthly fee based on the estimated usage - see pricing calculator
- USD 4.000 as one time installation fee
- USD 99 per month
Checklist for your data processing center
- Linux Debian Lenny Version 5 must be installed on an suitable server, including completed DNS and firewall configuration. Our recommendation (depends on the amount of text being processed per year - contact us for an individual evaluation):
- 2-8 processing cores
- SSD HD 60-120 GB
- Hardware RAID
- RAM 8-24 GB
- The server has to be configured for the internet or network with a high-speed connection
- SSH access for the provider with unlimited root access
- The address and particularities of a backup server have to be disclosed to the provider.
- PlagScan offers you the possibility of a "single sign-on" using the OpenID protocol (http://openid.net/) and a Shibboleth interface alike.
PlagScan-in-a-BOX - FAQs
- Can the server also be set up virtually (vmWare ESX) or is a physical server with a SSD drive necessary for performance reasons?
- We strongly recommend the hardware specifications mentioned in the previous paragraph. This ensures that even plagiarism checks of very large documents are completed on the following day at the latest. However, smaller setups may be sufficient for your enterprise. We have to stress here, that when using a virtual machine we need unlimited root access to the server for smooth performance. If you can ensure that the virtual server does not have any limitations in this regard, we can also install PlagScan-in-a-BOX on your virtual server.
- Our network administrator is very well versed in Fedora/RedHat/CentOS etc. Do we have to install Debian Lenny?
- PlagScan-in-a-BOX has been developed for Debian Lenny and will not run bug-free on other distributions. The PlagScan GmbH will take care of the PlagScan server maintenance, so you don't necessarily need to have advanced Debian Lenny skills. We will also happily install Debian Lenny for you based on a minimalistic operating system if need be. If you have any concerns regarding this, please let us know how we can assist you.
- Which directories on the server have to be saved?
- Due to the complications involved we require you to send us the address of your backup server so we can set up the folders that need to be saved ourselves. Would that be acceptable for you? If not, please save the following folders including subfolders: /etc, /root, /home /var/www .
- Can PlagScan be embedded in our own directory services or single sign-on solutions?
- We currently support:
- Directory services: OpenLDAP/Active-Directory
- Single sign-on: Shibboleth, OpenID
- Can we delete an uploaded document entirely from your system to make it no longer accessible or traceable to PlugScan or other PlugScan customers?
- Documents are never available as a full text for other customers of the PlagScan online service or PlagScan-in-a-BOX (see: https://www.plagscan.com/faqs#data-policy). When you cancel your PlagScan subscription or delete documents from your account, they will be deleted entirely from our system as well.
Please let us know what you're working with.
Call us at +49 221 75988994 or use the following contact form.