Privacy and legal compliance are top priorities at PlagScan. We handle your documents with complete confidentiality and will never share them without consent. You remain in full control of your data at all times and determine who can access your documents. It is up to you to decide when your data and documents will be deleted - no hidden copies of your documents are retained.
Simply put: Uploaded documents cannot be found anywhere online because you used PlagScan.
Data Integrity Guidelines
You can decide anytime whom you are sharing your documents with, along with who is allowed to scan your documents for plagiarism checking.
When you share a text for comparison with other documents you will never lose any copyrights or license them to a third party. Your text can be viewed as a full text only when you have explicitly permitted it.
When you delete a document (e.g., because you have already checked it for plagiarism) it will be deleted completely from our servers. Our standard settings automatically delete all of your documents after a certain period of time has passed. This is for your own security and ensures that you will never forget to delete sensitive data.
Data Integrity and Legal Compliance
- PlagScan uses an encrypted connection (256-bit-SSL).
- Your documents are transmitted in a protected environment via https protocol.
- Your uploaded documents are kept anonymous in the Plagiarism Prevention Pool and the system is multi-client enabled.
- PlagScan operates in Germany - conforming to the domestic legal framework.
- As a website, PlagScan is not based on a CMS. The site is developed in classic HTML, ruling out any code gaps or security loopholes that could make our system vulnerable to attacks.
- In the design of our system we follow the guidelines laid out by the German Federal Office for Information Security (www.bsi.bund.de/en/) as a safety measure.
- OWASP: www.owasp.org
- Data processing on behalf of the data controller is in accordance with the Federal Data Protection Act § 9 and § 11.
Please choose a category of use