Administer your organization users, groups and their access to PlagScan.
- Click on Add Users.
- Check the box to make the user’s email address their username, if you wish to do so. This is enabled by default.*
- Complete the text fields for your new user/s.
- Click Add User to confirm your request.
* If you uncheck this box, you can enter individual usernames.
An e-mail with access information for the newly added user/s will be sent to their e-mail account by default; just uncheck the box for this option if you don't wish for that to happen.
Import User Data
- Click on Import User Data from File.
- Click on Select to upload a file with our user list*. We accept the following file types: csv, xls, xlsx, ods.
- Click on Upload.
- Synchronize the rows Email, First Name, Last Name and Email.
- If you wish to ignore the first row of your table, simply uncheck the corresponding box. The remaining rows won’t be affected by the checkbox and will be treated normally during the data import.
- Click OK.
- Confirm the user data import by clicking Add Users.
In your file, first and last name have to be in separate columns.
- Enter the user’s name or email address in the top right textbox.
- Confirm the search by clicking the Search button.
- Click on Filter off if you want the complete table to be displayed again.
- Click the checkbox next to the username you wish to be deleted.
- The checkmark indicates the selection of the user.
- Click Delete.
If you want to delete multiple users, you can check multiple boxes at the same time and delete all of them simultaneously.
You can find all user data in the user list, including your own.
- Lists the names of all users.
- You can decide whether a user has limited or unlimited PlagPoints.*
- PP Limit:
- Lists the amount of PlagPoints a user can spend.
- The amount of PlagPoints a user has used up.
- Hover your cursor above the icon to see a user’s email address.
- Shows the user’s Subdivision.
* If the mode is 'unlimited', this column doesn’t display anything.
Click the column headers to sort by columns.
You can set default settings that are mandatory for all users when added. You can learn more about the settings in our manual or video How to customize Settings for the Plagiarism Check.
If you click on the configure user settings button, you can set a default organizational configuration for your users and groups. The modifications of this configuration may influence the configuration of the groups and users in your organization. You decide which options are available to the groups or users in each setting. You can reset the changed options by clicking on the reset button.
Choose one of the following setting rights:
- To hide settings: the user cannot see them.
- To be visible only: the user can see but not change them.
- To make the setting editable.
- To apply options to existing and new users: all users will get the same setting and will not be able to change it anymore.
Each setting has several options. If you want to enforce them, just check the box: Apply to existing and new users. The settings will only be visible to users - they cannot change them. We will use the setting Languages as an example to demonstrate how this works. First, you have the possibility of choosing one of the following options: English, German, Spanish, French. When you enforce one of the languages, then all (existing and new) users will be set to this language and will not be able to change it. The Languages setting will therefore merely be visible to users.
Set limited PlagPoint Usage
- Click on the module of a selected user.
- Select unlimited if the user should receive unlimited PlagPoint usage.
- Select limited if you want to limit the user’s PlagPoint usage.
- Enter the PlagPoint limit in the column Limit.
Your balance is indicated in PlagPoints. One Plagpoint is equivalent to 100 words.
- Click on Group in the left menu.
- Click on Add Group.
- Enter a name for your group.
- Select a user to become admin of the group.*
- Confirm your selection.
*PlagScan automatically suggests users from your user list.
Overview of Groups
This list will provide you with an overview of all groups created for your organization.
- Group Name:
- Name of the Group.
- Group Admin:
- The administrator’s username or first and last name.
- Number of Users:
- The number of users assigned to this subdivision.
- PP Used:
- The number of PlagPoints used by the group.
- Select the group you want to edit.
- Make the desired name/administrative changes to the group. Only previously created users can be chosen as admins of a group, and they can only be admins for one group each. As the administrator of the organization, you cannot simultaneously be a group administrator.
- Change the settings allowed by the organization. Bear in mind that this configuration is influenced by the options selected at the organizational level. The group-administrator can reset the changed options to the organization’s default by clicking on the reset button.
- Confirm changes by clicking the blue Change Group button.
- Select the group you want to delete.
- Press the red Delete button.
- Confirm the deletion.
Assign User to group
As an administrator, you are able to assign users to subdivisions.
- Go to Users in the left-hand menu.
- Select the users by clicking on their usernames or the checkbox to their left.
- Click in the select field (next to the Assign Group button) over the table, and choose a group.*
- Click on Assign Group next to the select field.
* You can select any group you have previously created.
You can switch a general notice on or off within your Plagiarism Portal.
Individual Plagiarism Portal
See Your Organization - General Data - Individual Plagiarism Portal.
Submission - General notice
The general notice announces important information, such as legal regulations. This notice will be published on your PlagScan portal page and below each submission. You can either use the default text or enter an individual text to declare specific regulations you want your users to know.
- Click On to activate the General notice.
- Click Edit to change the text.
- Confirm changes by clicking on Save Changes
Single SignOn - Shibboleth
You can integrate PlagScan with your existing user administration system, for example, active directory or LDAP: Our Single SignOn Solution is via Shibboleth (SAML V2), which is an open-source single sign-on system that has connectors to all the widely used directory services.
It allows users to sign into different online systems (library, HR, LMS, plagiarism checking, etc.) using a single authentication and allows centralized administration of user accounts.
PlagScan is a member of the DFN-AAI and EduGAIN federations as a service provider. If your organization is a member of a participating federation (check here) you can set up the integration immediately, otherwise, contact us so we can trust your certificate.
What do I have to do on my Shibboleth identity provider to exchange data with PlagScan?
Register the EntityID of PlagScan (https://www.plagscan.com) in your Identity Provider. Make the "email" Attribute available, plus potentially another attribute if you want to differentiate user groups (e.g. attribute eduPersonAffiliation to distinguish student and staff users).
Finally enter your "Address of Identity Provider", e.g. https://www.example.org/idp/shibboleth, into the PlagScan access configuration.
Check out the documentation on the Shibboleth Wiki to lear more: