Administer your organization users, groups and their access to PlagScan
- Click on Add Users.
- Check the box to use the user’s email address as username, if you wish to do so. This is enabled by default.*
- Complete the text fields regarding to your new user/s.
- Click Add User to confirm your request.
* If you uncheck this box, you can enter individual usernames.
An email with access information to the newly added user/s will be send to its E-mail by default, just uncheck the checkbox that states to do so if you don't want that.
Import User Data
- Click on Import User Data from File.
- Click on Select to upload a file with our user list*. We accept the following files: csv, xls, xlsx, ods.
- Click on Upload.
- Synchronize the rows Email, First Name, Last Name and E-Mail.
- If you want to ignore the first row of your table, just click the checkbox that indicates the first row is including titles. The remaining rows won’t be affected by the checkbox and will be treated normally during the data import.
- Click OK.
- Confirm the user data import by clicking Add Users.
In your file, first and last name have to be in seperate columns.
- Enter the user’s name or email address in the top right textbox.
- Confirm the search by clicking the Search button.
- Click on Filter off if you want the complete table to be displayed again.
- Click the checkbox next to the username you wish to be deleted.
- The checkmark indicates the selection of the user.
- Click Delete.
If you want to delete multiple users, you can check multiple boxes at the same time and delete all of them simultaneously.
You can find all user data in the user list, including your own.
- Lists the names of all users.
- You can decide whether a user has limited or unlimited PlagPoints.*
- PP Limit:
- Lists the amount of PlagPoints a user can spend.
- The amount of PlagPoints a user has used up.
- Hover your cursor above the icon to see a user’s email address.
- Shows the user’s Subdivision.
* If the mode is 'unlimited', this column doesn’t display anything.
Click the column headers to sort by columns.
You can set default settings that are mandatory for all users when added. You can learn more about the settings in our manual or video How to customize Settings for the Plagiarism Check.
If you click on the button configure user settings you can set a default organization configuration for your users and groups. The modifications of this configuration may influence the configuration of the groups and users in your organization. You decide which options are available to the groups or users in each setting. You can reset the changed options by clicking on the reset button.
Choose one of the following setting rights:
- To hide settings: the user cannot see them.
- To only be visible: the user cannot change but see them.
- To make the setting editable.
- To apply options to existing and new users: all users will get the same setting and will not be able to change it anymore.
Each setting has several options. If you want to enforce them, just check the box: Apply to existing and new users. The settings will only be visible to users: they cannot change them.
We will use the setting Languages as an example to demonstrate how this works. First, you have the possibility to choose one of the following options: English, German, Spanish, French. When you enforce one of the languages, then all (existing and new) users will have this language set and will not be able to change it. The setting Languages will therefore only be visible to users.
Set limited PlagPoint Usage
- Click on the module of a selected user.
- Select unlimited if the user should receive unlimited PlagPoint usage.
- Select limited if you want to limit the user’s PlagPoint usage.
- Enter the PlagPoint limit in the column Limit.
Your balance is indicated in PlagPoints. One Plagpoint is equivalent to 100 words.
- Click on Group in the left menu.
- Click on Add Group.
- Enter a name for your group.
- Select a user to become admin of the group.*
- Confirm your selection.
*PlagScan automatically suggests users from your user list.
Overview of Groups
The list will provide you with an overview over all groups created for your organization.
- Group Name:
- Name of the Group.
- Group Admin:
- The administrator’s username or first and last name.
- Number of Users:
- The number of users designated to this subdivision.
- PP Used:
- The group’s amount of used PlagPoints.
- Select the group you want to edit.
- Make your desired changes within the group’s name or administration. Only priorly created users can be chosen as admin of a group and only for one group. As administrator of the organization, you cannot be a group administrator.
- Change the settings allowed by the organization. However, this configuration is influenced by the options of the organizational level. The group-administrator can reset the changed options to the one of the organization level by clicking on the reset button.
- Confirm changes by clicking the blue button Change Group.
- Select the group you want to delete.
- Press the red Delete button.
- Confirm the deletion.
Assign User to group
As an administrator, you are able to assign users to subdivisions.
- Go to Users in the left menu.
- Select the users by clicking on their usernames or the checkbox left to those.
- Over the table, click in the select field (next to the Assign Group button), and choose a group.*
- Click on Assign Group next to the select field.
* You can select any group you have previously created.
You can switch a general notice on or off within your Plagiarism Portal.
Individual Plagiarism Portal
See Your Organisation - General Data - Individual Plagiarism.
The general notice announces important information, such as legal regulations. This notice will be published on your PlagScan portal page and below each submission. You can either use the default text, or enter an individual text to declare specific regulations you want your users to know.
- Click on On for activating the General notice.
- Click on Edit for changing the text.
- Confirm changes by clicking on Save Changes
Single SignOn - Shibboleth
You can integrate PlagScan in your Single SignOn solution.